Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #12 Comment ZONE! No *&#@ expletives!

I commented on five blogs and found (searched) a few more to comment on that were of a more personal note. One drew my attention about Love After Fifty!! I posted my own personal story on that one.

On Cool Cat Teacher blog I found it interesting to learn about CoComment to keep track of the comments you make on other blogs: http://www.cocomment.com/

The most important rule: NEVER: Be sarcastic, rant prolifically, curse, or personally attack a person.
These are manners that our parents taught us are they not? I wish more people would follow this behavior when invading the PUBLIC space of others in the real world. For example, I was in a restaurant/bar with my fiance for a vacation toddy and a gentleman sitting in the same room was speaking very loudly to his friend about blankety *&P#*** blank *** blank ****-ing (fill in with the most horrific exletives you can imagine) at the TOP of his voice. This happened not just once but several times. If I had not been ready to leave i would have said something. I did mention it to the young son of the owner and he just shrugged. Hmmm....is it just youth? I must admit that I do not always follow ALL of these rules when dealing with corporate consumer issues but when posting blog comments on someone else's space it would seem to logically be the most important guideline.

No comments: