Friday, August 1, 2008

#19 The Rewards of the 2.0 AWARDS SITES

I've used Craigslist myself. It's interesting but sometimes I wonder about selling to strangers at your home. Freecycle.com is cool for GIVING stuff away. People just come haul it away. It's great!

I looked around at other 2.0 Award tools but didn't find anything especially interesting or applicable to education other than the tools we've already explored.

I checked out:
http://www.yourminis.com/minis to find some widgets. I put a calendar on the blog (see below) but don't think you can even put your own events on it. I can get some widget HTML to post on the blog but but the "SIGN-IN" method with BLOGGER doesn't seem to work. The following did work: If you "right-click" on the widget it will let you copy the code. It's all a bit confusing. I put a countdown timer below. You could use that, perhaps, to remind students of upcoming tests, etc.

No comments: