Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #21 THE LONG, LONG ROAD TO VID/POD

I must say that I wish it had been noted in Thing #1 that this THING was going to take HOURS AND HOURS and we would need to acquire headphones and/or microphones and/or some narration for a picture or audio presentation. That would have given me more time to organize these things versus scrambling about while I'm out of town and attempting to complete this by the deadline time. I had pictures on my cell phone of the Snowy Range in Wyoming that I wanted to use. I had Bluetooth capability. I bought a "Dongle" which is a USB adapter that allows you to transfer pictures from your cell phone into your PC. My computer would not allow me to install because I don't have administrator privledges. I then tried downloading a free PC Suite from Nokia but had the same problem. Perhaps SBISD should let us download devices so that we can actuall USE all this technology. It would be nice to not be stymied at every turn. I ended up e-mailing myself all the pictures from my cell phone--goodness knows how much that is going to cost me since I DON'T have a media package. I have posted the BEGINNING of a photostory but it is nowhere near being done. I will come back and finish it later. Once I got the microphone to FINALLY work it became fun. It was very easy to import pictures into Photostory (which is already installed on the SBISD laptop) and the process of recording audio is also eased by a feature that allows you to write notes to refer to while you are recording. These are great tools to have explored! NOW I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO POST THE PHOTOSTORY DRAFT. If you see it in this post it means I prevailed! For HELP go to http://lib2pad.blogspot.com/ and ALSO see my COMMENT on the Thing #21 assignment.

No comments: