Thursday, July 9, 2009

MORE THINGS #2

SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SIGN GUESTBOOK & VIEW OTHER TOOLS!

THING #2
WORDLE: Since I teach math I sometimes don't see a use for some of these internet tools. Normally, you would think Wordle wouldn't really be useful for math but since I use the Activboard I think this could be used for a wonderful hook at the beginning of lessons. It's interesting, colorful, & I LOVE the totally new fonts that can be used. It can also be used as a new twist on a WORD WALL that the kids could put in their notebook as an organizing tool. I took this from the 7th grade TAKS study guide. It will use some numbers but fractions would need to be pasted in.

Wordle: Math-Obj 1-Conversion Between Rational Number Forms


PART 2: VOICETHREAD - This could be a cool tool to use for research prompts or even online homework tests or class conversations. See above post to play and comment.

PART 3: VOKI - I made and posted a Voki. See my other post about Voki vs Avatar. I really like the idea www.frogntoad.blogspot.com had re using a Voki as a Class Mascot and posting daily announcements!

PART 4: BOOKR: OK, i HAVE A WHOLE set of Flickr pictures about caves I was going to use but the Bookr search won't find my Flickr username! So, it didn't get done.

No comments: