Monday, August 10, 2009

More Things #11.5 The Reflection Pond

SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SIGN GUESTBOOK & VIEW OTHER TOOLS!


Once again, it's been a summer of Web 2.0 challenges and discoveries. It's always a rush for me to finish but I truly enjoy the learning.
What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
1. I loved learning how to screencast and playing around with the video resources and finding a Voki alternative to Avatar. I also enjoyed reading and reflecting on Digital Citizenship. It clarified some thoughts in my mind that I already had about the interaction between students, classroom behavior, home behavior, and the real-world consequences of interacting with a digital world.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
2. These two summer classes have, at once, made me feel totally panicked about how much I DON'T know and very excited about what's out there. I think I need to make a Word List of each application (and its use) that we have studied over the last 2 summers so I can just remember what we've done. If I don't use everything I forget what's out there when I need it. So many resources are available but it takes time to learn how to use them. On a side thought - since we have all started with the Activboards, I feel behind in my knowledge and use of flip charts since I didn't work on that TOO this summer. I guess it's best to just try to take what you feel are the best resources and familiarize yourself with them in small chunks.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?3. I spent HOURS on the SecondLife thing! Everything always takes me way longer than I expect. I was REALLY surprised about how excited I got about the IPhone/ITouch possibilities.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

4. It's difficult to explore some tools when you are not in possession of certain equipment over the summer such as an IPhone and a video camera. On a side note - I would like to have an Activboard summer class that had one lesson for each tool and how to use actions, etc. I'm sure there are lots of internet resources for finding, using and revising flip charts. Maybe it's not Web 2.0 but it would be helpful.
The highlighted and bolded suggestion would be to have a centralized HELP forum so we could all go to the same place for answers to our problems
All, in all, I am very thankful that you have developed this class for those of us that like to be summer learners! Thanks for all your work, creativity, and organization!

No comments: