Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Things #9 Slideshow Sass

SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SIGN GUESTBOOK & VIEW OTHER TOOLS!

I made a LOT of science PowerPoints to supplement class material when I was teaching 5th grade and I inserted a LOT of links to movies and other web sites. I guess some of these other tools allows for easier searching and direct insertion of videos from YouTube and pictures from other sources AND it enables uploading your PowerPoint . I actually find PowerPoints much easier to make than the FLIPCHARTS we are now learning to make for our Activboards. Students, however, could really enhance their research and technology skills by using these tools when they make a PowerPoint. An even higher level skill could be used to plan out how their PowerPoint could be interactive with their audience if it were to be shown on the Activboard.
Problem: Just to TRY, I uploaded a Powerpoint to Slideshare but it kept telling me there was an error when I tried to set it to allow "embedding" code. I looked at the offered widget which is supposed to allow you to post your presentations on a blog but it looked like it would take up lots of room so I used the Blog badge embed code. (see upper right side-bar)

I'm going to paste the recommendations here so I can access them later:
If you a have a long text-based PPT, use Scribd since visitors can quickly search for text phrases.

If you want to edit the PPT online before sharing, Zoho Show is the way to go.

If you want to integrate the PowerPoint presentation with pictures from Flickr, videos from YouTube and even MP3, SplashCast is the perfect service for you. Very clean interface. [NOTE: When I looked at this I could only find TV Viewing capability]

If you want a quick and easy way for sharing (multiple) PPTs, go with Slideshare. Your presentation will gain maximum visibility here.
[See note above]

[Note: authorStream is only for PowerPoint 2007] http://www.authorstream.com/

No comments: