Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Things #8 Screencasting-It's One Word!

SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SIGN GUESTBOOK & VIEW OTHER TOOLS!

I used FreeScreencast.com which required that I download the software (which was a Beta version) and the following Prerequisites:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (22.42MB) If you run windows updates frequently, you most likely already have this.
Windows Media Encoder (9.92MB) Another Microsoft update to windows.
At first I didn't download all 3 and it didn't work so I went back and downloaded all 3 (then installed) and it worked. I just followed the step-by-step directions and it was really easy. I LOVE this!! Kids from the previous year could record "How To" screencasts for the incoming new students. Very useful tool for the teacher too!!
If it embeds OK - all went well! I'm trying to embed the smaller size option. There was a slight hangup with highlighting the code. I had to play with the html a little bit because it kept saying the tag was not "closed". I went to [http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forum/Setup-Problems/10099/Blogger-Embedding] to find solution and it said that blogger sometimes doesn't close properly and to add an embed code at the end which I can't print here because blogger won't publish the embed script. Then I noticed that it changed the sizing a from 640x480 to 640x500 so I changed it back! I wish I knew how to size these videos a little better because now they are overlapping on my blog! I think I'm just going to change the number in the html and then you can click on "full screen" if you want to view. Did it work?

No comments: