Monday, August 10, 2009

More Things #6 - Belated I-Touch

SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SIGN GUESTBOOK & VIEW OTHER TOOLS!


An apple by any other name....



I do not own any Apple products so I'm posting this out of order (last) because I wanted to go to the mall and have someone at the Apple store show me the hardware. Before I looked into this my immediate reaction was to be doubtful regarding its uses but the more I think about it the more applications I can imagine. Everything looked extremely easy as far as downloading applications. If it was going to be used in a library or classroom I think it would be better to have several I-Touches instead of I-Phones because, as long as there is wifi available you can have unlimited internet access, whereas with the I-Phone you have to pay a monthly account & media fee. I did not know this. Now I want an I-Touch! Also, if I understood correctly from the Apple staff, you can pay for one application download on your computer and then install it on an unlimited number of devices.
Possible Classroom Applications:
A classroom set of I-Touch would work GREAT as the warm-up math activity at the beginning of each class. What a way to get instant, actively-involved students. OK, where's the grant I can apply for?????
Use a group (4) of I-Touch as a Math Center where everyone is using the same application or practicing math when other work is finished. Lots of incentive to be able to listen to music AND do math!
Download presentations and videos made by students to be shared with other students
Send messages to participants of a flat classroom project
Use them as an in-classroom research center that doesn't have to be plugged into the wall (takes up much less room!)
Use to take and post pictures on another site for science walks and class projects
Places where I found Education Apps video reviews:
bliptv.com
vodpod.com
Here is an AWESOME Ning that is ALL about this subject.

Visit IEAR - I Education Apps Review for the IPhone and ITouch

No comments: